Monday, April 30, 2012

Thrifting and Hand-Me-Downs

So after the wedding Saturday (wedding post tomorrow) we were pooped! I couldn't open my eyes half the day and Shea kept trying to get me up! We were supposed to go to the beach for the first time this year, but it ended up being way to cold to do that.

So, I remembered that my grandma was telling me about a thrift store in the town over that I needed to check out.

It took a lot of coaxing, but I managed to sway Shea in coming, and boy did this guy have a blast! haha! The thrift store was messy (sorry no pictures of the disaster) But, thrift stores are supposed to be messy! What's the point of having all the hidden treasures right in front of your eyes?? You have to search for all the good stuff!

So our thrift store finds were:

  • 20 old books in total ($1 each) for the wedding (more on that Wednesday)
  • A old glass bottle for whiskey or some sort of expensive drink that Shea had to have! ($3)
  • A painting in a gorgeous frame! That Shea once again had to have! (reminded him of  his vacations in Vermont!)($20)
  • A dresser that I will eventually go back for since it was amazing! and perfect! (and only $150!!)



Soo all and all we did good! And we will be back very soon! It became my new favorite spot!

Hand-Me-Downs!

After Shea's dad passed away a couple years ago his Step-mom started dividing furniture. Shea's grandmother had given his dad a lot of furniture so most of their furniture was hers. We were asked if we wanted the bedroom furniture and after seeing it I could NOT say no! I am a vintage antique freak at the moment so I was in LOVE at first sight!


A dresser (has a another matching piece)


The bedroom dresser! LOVE love love it!!

There are 3 more pieces that come with it like 2 end tables so we have the full matching set! Now we are on the hunt for a mirror to go on top of the dresser above and a bed set that matches the style. (I am thinking sleigh bed as of right now) My comforter already matches!...i think (my one and only purchase from the Missoni target craze!!)


It was a good Sunday filled with Lunch at the diner....antique shops!...a movie! (5 year engagement very funny!) and yogurt to end the night : ) I LOVE my Sundays with my man!

No comments:

Post a Comment