Monday, April 23, 2012

Soooo when is your wedding??!!



That is the question asked almost daily by everyone. It can be annoying and exciting all at the same time! Well after long thinking this is my mental reasoning: We wanted a spring wedding or fall wedding so that left the months of April, May, September, and October open. April is still too cold in Jersey so that left May for spring and Shea's brother was married in October (and we wanted to have our own special month) so that left September for fall. So, I would be happy with either May or September. When seeing that we got engaged in January I couldn't see myself waiting until September of 2013 to get married so we decided on May of 2013. (I know it's just months different but it will be years for me!) Which would give us a year to plan everything which is just enough time in my book! (even though we have friends getting married this weekend and I am secretly dying inside because I want it to be my wedding day already!)

So, then it came to dates.....We know we wanted a Saturday so that left....May 4, 11, 18, 25. May 4th happens to be Shea's step-sister's wedding and my cousins graduation so that was out. May 18th is the day before my brother's college graduation so having a wedding the day before didn't make sense. So, that leaves May 11 and 25. May 25th would be technically Memorial Day weekend that year and that was also out of the question since honeymoon expenses would sky rocket that week after! So, we come to May 11th!! Our official/unofficial wedding date. I really want to say it's the OFFICIAL wedding date, but I can't until I book our venue (it's all in my crazy mind). But, that's the date we have picked! 05.11.13 it's a pretty number combination and gives me lots of ideas for save the dates : )



We were in between waiting one or two years because of money, jobs, etc, but after a day of me crying over it Shea looked at me and said, "We are getting married next year because I don't want to wait any longer for you to be my wife." It was one of the sweetest things he has ever said! (well next to the proposal hah!) And now we have made it our goal to get married next year and if that means cutting some stuff out then that's fine with me. I want to marry my best friend and in the end it's just a day and a memory. The most important thing is being with each other and starting our new life together! : )

And I also can't justify spending so much on a wedding. We want to buy a house and I rather our money go towards that then a wedding.

I am currently looking for a wedding buddy who is getting married in May of 2013! I need someone to keep me on track with everything! Right now my timeline is:

June/July: Book Venue
July/August: Engagement Party
August: Send out "Save the Dates" and book photographer, and start looking at houses!! yay!
September; Wedding dress shopping!! and engagement photos (and book caterer if needed)
December: Book Honeymoon

383 days till our wedding!




Okay that's up until 2013 and then I go crazy in January. There are more little things that are in between everything up until December, but I won't bore you with that : ) If you haven't noticed already I make lots of lists and need every detail planned out month by month in advance because if I don't I will just sit here and do it all in one day (not kidding you) So, this way I can push everything around so I do it in a timely more spaced out way : )

Happy Monday all!




2 comments:

  1. Love the bright yellow color of those flowers :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it gorgeous!? I was walking around my fiance's development and they were so vibrant!

      Delete