Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Recipe: Deep Dish Muffin Tin Pizzas



"If you want to drive a girl insane simply delete her Pinterest page. It's like destroying her memories, hopes & desires."

-Dane Cook

Soooo sad but soooo true. So about two weeks ago I made a date for Shea and I to meet my sister's new boy toy. (He is a wonderful guy! I am so glad she found someone that can keep her crazy self in line! And make her smile from ear to ear! : ) Never seen her so happy!)

So, I decided that for once I was going to try out a recipe that I saw on Pinterest. (link here) I always say I am going to and then I never do, but when I saw this I knew I had to try it because for one...Shea LOVES pizza! It's in his top ten favorite foods (but really whose top ten is it not in??!) And for two...it's super super easy to make!



The recipe is called: Deep Dish Muffin Tin Pizzas


All you need is....

1 or 2 muffin tins (depending on how many people you need to feed)
Pillsbury Dough Pizza Crust (or mini whole wheat pitas to save calories)
Tomato Sauce
Grated Cheese (in bag or you can grate it yourself)
Pepperoni or Turkey Pepperoni (to save some calories) (or any toppings you want)

and that's it!! Most of the items you have lying around your house already.


Directions: (preheat oven to 425 degrees)


1. Roll out your dough on the table

2. Cut or tear dough evenly in 12 or 16 pieces (depending on the slots in your muffin tin) (most annoying part of the process any tips welcomed!) 


3. Place dough in each muffin slot

4. Press dough down in slot so it covers the whole bottom but doesn't over flow at the top.

5. Place dough in oven and cook for 5 minutes at 425 degrees (this gets the dough cooked a little bit so it can rise and be easier to work with later)


6. Okay once they cook for 5 minutes take them out of the oven and then I used a McCormick Cinnamon canister to press in the dough to make the deep dish part. (turned out to be the perfect size for my muffin slot) You can use any item (or your hand but more difficult) that can push down the dough.



7. Spoon in sauce, add cheese and any toppings you would like. (My method: sauce, 1 turkey pepperoni (save some calories), grated mozzarella cheese, another turkey pepperoni, and more cheese)


8. Cook for 10-12 minutes at 425 degrees

And then enjoy!!


They got rave reviews and will have to repeated in the future! Follow me on Pinterest if you don't already : )

Happy Tuesday!!

Music : Mumford & Sons : Winter Winds : Album - Sigh No More

2 comments:

  1. I would roll the dough out and cut with the top of a glass or cup that gives you the right measurement for your muffin cup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a biscuit cutter or canning jar ring to cut my circles. Or you can also use the tube biscuits Grands or even the frozen Rhodes dinner rolls and flatten into a circle and form into your muffin tin cups

    ReplyDelete